Monday, December 3, 2012

Lupe Soto
Mr. John M Hardison
American Literature (Honors)
16 November 2012




1..2..3..4..5..6..7…8..9..10.. I AM PREGNANT! Oh no what am I going to do? “Mommy please do not kill me”, what are my parents going to say? “I deserve to live, I want to get to know the world” What if my boyfriend doesn’t stick around? What about school? I am only 16... I’ll just abort it nobody has to know, yes that’s what I’ll do just abort. I don’t even have the funds to be a mother and support the baby, plus I am not ready to experience motherhood… Isn’t this ridiculous of how girls think now in the modern days? The definition of abortion for me would be taking the life of a human being =murder. Do you consider a fetus a person? If yes why? If so why not? Although a lot of people believe in prochoice abortion is a very touchy topic. Abortion was legalized in 1973 by the roe vs. wade act. A lot of controversy started over this new law, many people had different opinions. Thiers sides to this argument prochoice or prolife. A lot of Americans consider abortion un-American .yes, in my opinion it is, teens go out and think they can be rebellious and drink, smoke do drugs and unprotected sex, but they don’t think of the consequences that might come later on. I am not saying this is the only cause of becoming pregnant and being the causes for abortion.
If you are prochoice, ok? Those’s your opinion, but if you don’t think a fetus is a person then look at it this way …a fetus doesn’t have a functioning brain yeah true, but many mentally disabled people struggle with brain functions. People who are prochoice say “Oh a fetus is just a cell,” but then again we “us” human are a bunch of clump of cells so does that not make us important does the amount of cells define weather if your important or not? A fetus is not aware yes, but then again a baby isn’t aware or self aware for several months after birth so why should you kill a baby and not consider a fetus a person? In the bible’s ten commandments it says “I shall not kill” and abortion is killing a baby in my opinion, yes it’s a women’s choice weather she wants to have the baby or not but theirs others choices as well instead of aborting. For example theirs billions of women out there that are barren would love to be able to give birth ,to feel a little human being in them, to be able to carry them for nine whole months .I find it amazing how “us” women can do such things .You could put your baby for adoption too.. But not abort .Aborting is like saying hello and immediately saying goodbye, so I have tried to make it clear that it is wrong to use immoral means to attain moral ends. (Letters from Birmingham City jail Dr.Martin Luther King, Jr. 180) This is a very strong quote on moral and immoral and this connects to abortion. Yes, I understand there are cases where women are sexually abused, and the baby could come from that, but it’s neither the babies fault nor yours. But a baby is a human being and has right to live ,yes maybe the baby will remind you of how you got sexually abused but there’s always other options instead of murdering the baby. I did say murdering because you are literally killing a baby; might as well go to jail for it. Like the quote says in (Inaugural Address John F. Kennedy 198) Let both sides explore what problems unite us instead of belaboring those problems witch divide us. This quote means that instead of having prolife and prochoice to not take one side, see a problem they both have and look for a remedy instead of just looking for a way to contradict either choice, or that could bring both sides to an agreement. Thiers a lot of un-human laws out there but this one caught my attention. They are many opinions heard and a great deal of unspoken ones. At the end abortion is a topic that will be hard to come to an agreement; everybody is always going to think differently.

Could you please answer these questions
1. Is this thesis strong/clear?
2.Is it supported well?
3.Is the paper concluded well?
4. My strengths and weaknesses as a writer?
5 do you agree or disagree? why





No comments:

Post a Comment